- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Horizon Building, Norwich, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £21,961 - £25,493 pro-rata per annum
- Job term:
- Part Time
- 13.5 hours per week
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 24 September 2023 11:30 PM
Other key information: Community-based delivery role covering South Norfolk and Broadland districts
Fixed Term for 12 months
Are you passionate about supporting people with medical conditions to improve their physical health?
Role Snapshot… You will deliver community-based referral programs that support clients with a range of conditions where exercise has been deemed a suitable treatment.
You will instill lifestyle change and support clients to improve their health and wellbeing through regular exercise and healthy habits to improve their quality of life.
Eligible candidates must be qualified to a minimum of L3 Exercise Referral Instructor.
What you could be part of…
The Communities Team provides a range of services for residents which include; engaging with community groups, delivering a highly regarded holiday scheme for young people, providing physical activity opportunities for those with stable health conditions, building bespoke support packages for vulnerable people, facilitating grant programs including our Community at Heart Lottery, processing information for Assets of Community Value (ACV) and enabling a variety of events to take place.
The team puts the resident first. Our aim is to enable communities to flourish and the projects we deliver and facilitate are key to this ethos.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high quality, customer focused services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Planning, delivering and assessing a range of exercise referral patients including working with clients in groups, teaching classes and on a 1:1 basis to meet their needs and progress their fitness.
- Conducting initial consultations with clients to assess that their condition meets the inclusion criteria and collate baseline data.
- Creating progressive exercise plans to challenge the client and produce the best health improvements at the final review.
- Supporting clients to access wider support services as part of a holistic approach to improving their wellbeing in general.
- Tracking the progress of participants and producing reports so that the scheme’s impact can be evidenced on funding bids.
You must have…
- Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor Qualification
- Have or be prepared to complete a First Aid Qualification to a minimum of “Emergency First Aid at Work”
- An understanding of a range of health conditions including exercise prescription for these conditions
- Demonstrable experience of instructing health and fitness to individuals and/or groups
- Demonstrable experience writing fitness programmes to meet individual needs, monitoring and evaluating progress of clients
- A current driving licence and the ability to travel extensively within the project delivery areas with necessary equipment.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Matt Allen on 01508 533914 to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Closing date: Sunday 24 September 2023 at 11:30PM or when sufficient applications have been received
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Please note we will not accept any DBS checks from a previous employer.
We will contact you via email, after the recruiting manager has shortlisted for the role to advise you of the shortlisting decision. Please note, we do not provide feedback at the application stage.
For guidance on future applications please see our website: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/southnorfolk/GenText.aspx?page=Page34
For information on future vacancies please sign up to our job alerts by clicking ‘get email alerts’ on our jobs page: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/SearchResults.aspx
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website - South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website.
For lots of great information about employee life at the Councils please visit the above linked pages or visit our Jobs and Training Courses website page.
For information on how we use your data and the Councils Data Protection Policy please have a look at the Councils website
Please note we only accept applications submitted through our job’s portal, via Norfolk Jobs Direct: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/index.aspx
We are not accountable for any applications or details published through other job sites.