- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Horizon Building, Norwich, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £25,494 to £29,576 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 24 September 2023 11:30 PM
Do you want to work in a busy team where every day is different?
This role involves being a part of the team responsible for the maintenance and development of the finance and income systems for all transactions in and out of both Councils. You will be friendly, polite and professional - having a good eye for detail. Every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task and enjoy problem solving.
What you could be part of…
Broadland and South Norfolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across the two districts.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Develop, maintain, review and refine the finance and income IT systems and procedures to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and become a ‘super user’ of these systems.
- Ensure changes in the Accounting Code of Practice are reflected where necessary within the relevant IT systems and associated procedures
- Ensure that reporting requirements of the finance and income systems are met in order to provide management information.
- Ensure the technical management of the daily, monthly and annual processes relating to the finance and income systems.
- Ensure the operational and technical management of periodic debt recovery, letter production and generation of electronic payments and receipts.
- Maintain and review security and access levels of all users of the finance and income IT systems in line with best practice.
You must have…
- Educated to A Level / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- IT/AAT qualification or relevant experience.
- Demonstrable significant experience of business process improvement in a similar role within a similar environment.
- Demonstrable experience of administering finance and income IT systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of coding structures within finance and income IT systems.
- Proven record of managing and implementing change and projects.
- Demonstrable experience of local government finance.
- Demonstrable in depth knowledge of document management and workflow systems.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of IT including Microsoft office packages and internet use.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills, including prioritisation and self-monitoring of workload and work under own initiative.
- Demonstrable aptitude for attention to detail combined with a methodical approach.
- Ability to analyse and interpreting statistical data.
- Up to 15% of this role’s time will be spent on external communication
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
For advice on how to apply, please visit our website https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/southnorfolk/GenText.aspx?page=Page34
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Recruiting Manager: Amanda Carr
Phone Number: 01508 533691
Phone Number: 01508 533995
Closing date: Sunday 24 September at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: 3/4 October 2023
We will contact you via email, after the recruiting manager has shortlisted for the role to advise you of the shortlisting decision. Please note, we do not provide feedback at the application stage.
For guidance on future applications please see our website: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/southnorfolk/GenText.aspx?page=Page34
For information on future vacancies please sign up to our job alerts by clicking ‘get email alerts’ on our jobs page: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/SearchResults.aspx
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website - South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website.
For lots of great information about employee life at the Councils please visit the above linked pages or visit our Jobs and Training Courses website page.
For information on how we use your data and the Councils Data Protection Policy please have a look at the Councils website
Please note we only accept applications submitted through our job’s portal, via Norfolk Jobs Direct: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk/index.aspx
We are not accountable for any applications or details published through other job sites.